Friday 19 April 2013

My last days

Well it's my last day at school today which means I probably won't be taking the bus again until next semester. Looking back on the year I can say I have had a lot of fun riding the bus and I'm glad I wrote this blog on it. With all of that said I can't forget that I have one last bus story.

I was riding the bus home on Wednesday after school. I was quite sleepy because after class I went to the Kings Head for a beer with some classmates. I sat in the back of the bus and closed my eyes. I was fading in and out as I tried to remember where I was so I didn't miss my bus stop. Eventually I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and I fell asleep.

A big bump in the road through my head off the window, then back into it. I woke up and rubbed my face where I had just hit the window. I took a quick look around and noticed that I was still a few blocks away from my stop. Then I took a look around the bus, there was maybe three people still on the bus. The I looked to my left, there was a large man sitting beside me.

I was a little upset that he was sitting beside me, like seriously buddy there's probably 30 empty seats on this bus and you sit beside me? I gave him a mean look and was almost ready to move, then he said something that changed the whole situation.

"Sorry man, I was gonna wake you up in a second to make sure you didn't miss your stop. I'll move now."

I was stunned, I didn't know what to say, I let out a weak thanks as he moved. My stop came so I pulled the yellow string. As I got off I looked at him and nodded, and then jumped off. As I walked home I thought about all the weird stuff I had seen since I started riding the bus. I've seen fights, homeless people with way to much garbage, and people only looking out for themselves. Those random acts of kindness that people do for one another just goes to show that I do live in a great city, and sure the transit system might suck but the people don't.

This will be my last post for a while so I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, and safe travels!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Dan! I love reading the Random Acts of Kindness section of the Winnipeg Free Press. Sometimes people really are alright. :)

    ReplyDelete